Thursday, July 22, 2010

i fear for my own mental health sometimes.

my lovely roomies bought me bongos for my birthday. i've only asked for them for about 23 birthday's before & this year i finally got them. i put them on the mantle in the living room. i want to play them every time i see them (which is a lot since i spend A LOT of time in front of the tv that is also on the mantle.) i as yet have not played them. why, you may ask? because if i take them off the mantle, even for a few minutes, the mantle will not be balanced. then, i'd have to get something to place where the bongos previously were in order for my OCD to not kick in. if my OCD kicks in, i won't be able to play said bongos because i have to rearrange the mantle. if i start to rearrange the mantle then my ADD will kick in and somehow THE ENTIRE LIVING ROOM will be arranged, the mantle will be unbalanced, and my bongos will still not have been played.

so the only solution is that i'll continue to stare at the bongos and allow the roomies to think their gift was in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment